First Light Farm & Creamery East Bethany, NY
First Light Farm & Creamery is one of the dozens of local organic farms that Small World Food buys our ingredients from. A core part of Small World's mission is supporting local organic farmers, which not only helps to keep these farms viable but also ensures that our customer will enjoy some of the most delicious food available.
Trystan and Max Sandvoss, an apprentice, some hired help
Our cheese comes from ruminants managed in an organic, pasture-based system. We believe in the principle of terroir. Milk is a unique reflection of the soil from which ruminants harvest grasses and forages. A herd of Nubian and Alpine goats live on First Light Farm and provide all the goat's milk. Some cheeses also include organic Jersey cow milk from neighbor Brent Tillotson's farm.
What Small World uses from First Light Farm & Creamery
- Feta - Used in Feta
- Goat Cheese - Used in Goat Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- Marinated Feta - Used in Feta & Herb Scone
- Milk - Used in Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, Blueberry Sesame Scone, Feta & Herb Scone, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Cake, Pumpkin Pie Filling, Lemon Glaze
- Milk - Retail Sales
- Original Chevre - Retail Sales
- Tuscan Jack - Used in Tuscan Jack
- Yogurt - Used in Chocolate Java Cupcake, Dinner Rolls
- Miscellaneous - Retail Sales